Children and Adults learn:
- A mental tool to help them focus.
- A mental tool to help them relax.
- A mental tool to help them control energy levels.
Using clay they will create and master the alphabet, punctuation and numerals (if required,) eliminating any confusions that may cause disorientation (loosing focus). Pronunciation, reading and (if needed) handwriting exercises are all part of the programme.
- Use Davis Symbol Mastery to master words that don't make a mental picture, referred to as ‘trigger' words (e.g. "the”, "and”, "or.”) Clay is used to create simple models to give picture meanings for these non-picture words. Training will be given to the student and the support person to continue with the Davis Symbol Mastery at home after the programme.
- Koosh Balls exercises are used to improve co-ordination and balance. This generally results in significantly improved hand-eye coordination.
- Strategies to help with spelling.
- Auditory orientation to improve auditory processing and listening.
The tools and techniques learnt during the course will help the individual throughout their life and give them the skills to overcome their learning challenges, restore their self-esteem and reach their full potential
"If you eliminate the reason a problem exists, the problem will cease to exist.." - Ronald D. Davis